Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Where to start...

    Welcome to my first ever, I'm really gonna do it this time blog post!  If anyone out there is reading this... Welcome to my little corner of the web, where I will be sharing my thoughts, my projects, and my adventures (and mishaps!), along the way! I enjoy seeing what others in the "blogosphere" are doing, and decided it was time to take the plunge and share a little bit too. I actually hope to use this space to help keep me on track and accountable.
    I am an avid quilter,and fabric hoarder, and I design most of my own quilts. I have very recently begun dyeing my own fabrics. I have only ever done a few pieces up till now, so I am really looking forward to creating my whole quilt, from fabric to pattern. Although my main creative outlet is quilting/sewing, I can, and do almost any creative fiber related craft. I am restoring an old (circa 1930's) Union 36 rug loom, hoping that when I do, I can figure out how to use it and weave some rugs for my floors that will work well with the quilts I have made. (I have to use some of this stash I have accumulated before it takes over a third room in the house!) Within the last few years, I taught myself to knit, and really enjoy making socks, so those may pop up in my posts occasionally too. Love to cook when I get a chance, so don't be surprised if there is a food post every once in a while!
  I'm hoping that by blogging I will become just a little more focused, and productive, since if anyone reads this, they won't want to see pictures of a chaotic sewing space, or the same quilts they saw last month! At least that is the plan... I have a few ideas for projects to make my sewing area function better and stay a little better organized you may want to see. And since I won't share any pictures of my creative space until I get it organized and presentable, I need to work on getting that done so I can show you what I've been doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment